The 巴黎的研讨会 takes place at the end of March or beginning of April in the second semester of the program, for ten days at partner institution Institut Français de 拉模式. The central theme is the French luxury industry, as explained by top executives 来自各大品牌. In addition, topics may include consumer demand within the E.U., fashion trend analysis, Parisian designer profiles, and entrepreneurial business.
The Paris seminar's guest lecturers represent the major luxury brands, fashion industry managers and executives, academics, and haute couture designers. The majority of lectures take place at the Institut Français de 拉模式, located at the quai d'Austerlitz, in the 13th arrondissement.
Recent seminars have included the following themes and lectures, among many others:
- Sidney Toledano, President and CEO, Christian Dior Couture: From a 高级女式时装 House to a Global Brand
- Bruno Pavlovsky, President of Fashion, Chanel: Chanel's Fashion Strategy and Design Philosophy
- Guillaume de Seynes, EVP, Hermès: A Portrait of Craftsmanship and Creativity
- Didier Grumbach, Honorary President of the Fédération Française de la Couture: The Invention and Reinvention of 高级女式时装
- 女装设计师安妮·瓦尔格里·哈希: Deconstruction as a Construction Act
- Jérome Dreyfuss, Designer: Sensual and Essential Design for Women
- Gustavo Lins, Couturier: 悬垂的艺术
- 丹尼尔·克鲁蒂尔，IFM教员: Fashion Consumer Behavior Intelligence
- Farid Chenoune, Fashion Historian, Writer, and Journalist: A Historical Introduction to Men's Fashion and Tailoring
- Luca Marchetti, Semiotician, Luxury Consultant, and Curator: Retail and Communication Product, Identity, and Experience
- Jayne Estève Curé, Founder, Jayne Fashion Agency and IFM 教师: 五感创意工坊
Among the most popular segments of the seminar, site visits provide a close-up and personal perspective on retail entrepreneurs, cultural institutions, and product concepts indigenous to the region. In Paris, site visits may include specialty high-end boutiques 设计工作室. The selection of site visits in all cities changes each year to reflect the current regional business environment.
Recent 巴黎的研讨会 site visits have included:
- Parisian Boutiques with Owners/Designers: Atelier Cologne, Empreinte Atelier de Lingerie, 米歇尔
- A 访问 to Coco Chanel's Apartment and the Chanel Fashion Showroom
- 博物馆 Tours of Exhibitions: 大卫·鲍伊 at La Philharmonie de Paris, Jeanne Lanvin at the Musee Galliera, 让·保罗·戈蒂埃 在大皇宫
- Printemps Department Store
- Private Studios of Designers: Gustavo Lins, Anne Valérie Hash, and Monsieur Lacenaire
- Sites Beyond Paris: Atelier Emilia and the Castle and 博物馆 of Nemours; Potencier Broderies in Villers Outreaux, and the 博物馆 of Lace in Calais
GFM students from 葡京线路检测网址, HKPU, and IFM—who represent a broad range of countries, cultures, 和行业 specialties—collaborate through teams to arrive at recommendations and strategies for case studies, or a creative solution to an innovation assignment. 演讲 are delivered on the final day of the seminar to an audience of judges from faculty 和行业.
Former 巴黎的研讨会 case studies have included:
- Creation of a video by student teams—art and production direction, editing, and interviewing—that seeks to explain the depth of inspiration a designer calls upon to produce a collection.
- Growth and strategy recommendations for brands: Atelier Emelia, Hermès, Isabel Marant, Lacoste, Christophe Lemaire, Anne Valérie Hash, Christian Dior, and Christian Lacroix
Program participants have the opportunity to participate in a professional network 具有全球影响力. All three seminars include social events to reestablish existing contacts and to build rapport among new colleagues, guest speakers, faculty, and alumni.
Additional Global Fashion Management 研讨会
For general admissions questions, please contact the School of Graduate Studies.